It appears that, some time in the last 24 hours, blogspot.com has been blocked by Chinese censors. What this means:
- People outside China can see blogspot-hosted blogs (like axoplasm.blogspot.com).
- People inside China cannot.
- Every blog on blogspot.com is blocked, not just axoplasm.blogspot.com. When axoplasm.com was added to the blacklist, this was an indication that someone objected specifically to something I was saying. The recent move, however, is likely part of a larger censorship movement, which also includes domestic (Chinese) blogs, and blogs hosted by TypePad.
- I’ll be able to update this blog but won’t be able to reliably view it.
- I can use proxy software to see blocked content, but it is slow. Sub-dialup speed slow.
So, apologies in advance if my frequency of posting drops a little.